Exception: Unable to connect to the remote server

Jul 1, 2011 at 1:59 PM

Hi ijourneaux,

My last few runs of HD-Trailers.NET Downloader has terminated with an "Exception: Unable to connect to the remote server" error. It continues to fail when trying to download "War Horse (Trailer 1)". Which is no big deal, but it seems to be causing the whole program to stop. Is there a way to make it continue onto the next trailer if it fails to connect to a server, rather then stop processing altogether?

Cheers,

Zolt

Coordinator
Jul 1, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Could you post the log file to pastebin.com. I will take a look at it.

Jul 2, 2011 at 4:26 AM

No worries, link to log file here: http://pastebin.com/ixBRaCny

The start of the log file has my last successful run which was on the 30/06/2011, and everything after that failed on "War Horse".

Coordinator
Jul 2, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Ok I have a version where i think the error will be correctly trapped. I will upload shortly. Looking for alpha build 1.91. At this point you will be pointed towards TrailerFreaks as a feed but, that seems to be working correctly so it should work for you. I will be coming up with a way to switch between feeds more cleanly but just not there yet.

Jul 3, 2011 at 2:35 AM

Thanks mate, I'll give it a try and let you know. How do you normally recommend to upgrade to a new version? Just install over the top? Or uninstall first, and then reinstall? And does this new version have any changes to the config file, or can I just keep my old one as is?

Cheers,

Zolt

Coordinator
Jul 3, 2011 at 3:28 AM

Just install over. Although the setup file should make a backup of the config file, just in this case I would make a backup of the config file before you run setup. Then go into the config file and replicate the changes for your setup.