Filter by language

Mar 12, 2012 at 3:56 AM

Hello. I love this tool. Works great with Cinema Ex for XBMC. 

I was wondering is there a way to filter for languages. I'm not a fan of foreign films especially martial art types. Seems we get a lot of foreign films downloaded. 

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM

At first, I thought it would ahve been easiest if IMDB correctly coded the Genre for the movie ( Foreign) but in hindsight, it would be best to used the Languages tag in IMDB to select if English is a option. Unfortuantely this may or may not be the language of the trailers.

Will look at possibilities over the next couple of days.

Take Care

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Great thanks!

My comment was around the origin of the film but you have a point about the language of the trailer. I'm more interested in filtering out films that would be in a foreign language vs the trailer being in a foreign language. 

Most, if not all of the time. If the film is in FL then the trailer is in FL with subtitles. 

Thanks for your efforts.

Coordinator
Mar 17, 2012 at 2:57 PM

The feed I get from the various trailer RSS sites don't give the language. I can get the language(s) in IMDB and if English is not listed, I suppose it is likely that the trailer will be in a foreign language. I suppose i may have english subtitles.  I think I have an approach that will work.Hopefully will have something later this week.

Coordinator
Mar 17, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Check out version 2.03