Old source code with missing files - impossible to build under Mono

Jun 23, 2014 at 4:19 AM
Hi

I'm trying to compile available source code but it seems to be old and missing some files. Can you please update it?

I would like to try and compile it under Mono.

Thank you
Silas Mariusz
Coordinator
Jun 23, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Source code updated to 81175. Compiles under Visual Studio Express 2013.
Jun 23, 2014 at 6:27 PM
I see it is still missing file fetcher_YouTube3D.cs and Program.cs seems to be using it
                YouTube3D itemsYT = new YouTube3D();
                if (itemsYT.IsUrlValid(config.FeedAddress) != System.String.Empty)
                {
                    if(config.YouTubePlayList.Length != 0) {
                        log.WriteLine("Connecting using: YouTube class");
                        itemsYT.GetFeedItems(config.FeedAddress + "playlist?list=" + config.YouTubePlayList);
                        log.WriteLine("Number of Items in Feed:" + itemsYT.Count);
                        for (int i = 0; i < itemsYT.Count; i++)
                        {
                            ProcessFeedItem(itemsYT[i].name, itemsYT[i]);
                        }
                    } else {
                        log.WriteLine("When using YouTube, you must specify a PlayList Address");
                        log.WriteLine("The Playlist address is the code after \"playlist?list=\" in the playlist URL");
                    }
                }
Are there any other external references like YouTube Extractor or TMDbLib?

Thx
Coordinator
Jun 23, 2014 at 7:52 PM
I think those are the only 2 external references although I beleive the YouTUbeExtractor is the only one used. I was considering changing from IMDB to TMDB for scraping movie info (since TMDB has a complete API) but have not made the change over. YouTubeExtractor is a separate open source project.

Ian
Jun 24, 2014 at 2:49 PM
In my opinion you should include external projects into yours. Can you?

And changing scraper from IMDB to TMDB maybe is an good idea, but please leave people option to decide what kind of data they want gather from TMDB and what from IMDB.
Eg. I like to get title in English, votes and rating from IMDB, but rest I would get from TMDB in specific language.
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2014 at 1:14 PM
I appreciate the desire not to include external projects but I can't justify redeveloping capabilities that someone else has already done. That said, I won't use a external project that is not open source. In the case of the YouTube downloader, it is available within VisualStudio via nuget.

I agree with your comment on scrapers. The problem with IMDB is that they don't offer an API so you have to scrape from the web pages. This is usually broken whenever they change the web page layout and takes a lot of effort to fix. As it is, identifying the correct movie page to scrape is error prone. I would say the success rate is only about 95%.