Track number of tries?

May 25, 2009 at 12:43 AM
Edited May 25, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Hi Brian - I'm not sure why I find this program so fascinating, especially since most of the movies which have the most trailers offered are of such little interest to me :-) I mean do I really need to see 14 clips and interviews from cast for "Terminator Salvation" for which a quick peak at the first trailer convinced me I had zero interest in seeing.

My current strategy is to subscribe to the RSS feed  http://www.hd-trailers.net/blog/feed/ in Thunderbird and when a movie looks interesting from the description save it in a separate folder. If the feed or the IMDB listing for an ineresting one shows expected release date I edit the subject to show it as an indication of when a torrent may become available - or - if it looks REALLY good when it might be available in theaters or on CD.

Anyhow ... the feature request:

I have the program set to run 4 times a day from scheduler with maximum detail shown in the the cmd window (and log). Fairly frequently the same trailer times out repeatedly after several runs. It would be "nice" if when a trailer times out or fails for "Preferred quality not available. Skipping" it could stick a record in the XML file anyway and then on next attempt show (say) "Title found in exclusions list - failed previously - attempt 'n'" or if its too diffucult to update previous records on the fly just "Title found in exclusions list - failed previously - trying again"

Depending on which if either of above are possible it could be supported in the config file by either "Skip if previous failure" or "Skip after 'n' failures" option.

Coordinator
Jul 11, 2009 at 6:04 PM

I do like it. I've been really busy with work recently. I'll have to see when I might have time to work on new features.