HD-Trailers.Net and YouTube hosted Trailers

Dec 28, 2011 at 3:54 AM

It appears that HD-Trailers.Net has started specifying YouTube hosted trailers. This is currently a problem as when you open the stream, The ContentLength is -1 instead of the length of the file to be downloaded. This causes a host of problems for HD-Trailer.Net Downloader. I am trying to figure out the best work around.

Feb 1, 2012 at 5:49 AM

Just starting using your program and I love it so far :) Thanks for all the hard work. I did notice that its not downloading a lot of the new trailers I can see on the site. It downloads some trailers so I know its working. I am assuming its just this issue you mentioned above and I was wondering if there was any headway or some temp baid-aid fix?

Thanks again for this program its great :)

Anythoughts on how to use this program for music videos or perhaps news broadcasts?

Feb 1, 2012 at 4:20 PM

If you look at the log file, you should see reasons why trailers are being skipped over. IN addition to the issue with Yotube, you can configure in the INI file a multitude of exclusions that might prevent trailers from being downloaded. These include only downloading a max of 1 trailer for each movie, exclusions by genre, Only trailers, etc. It would be easy to configure a set of inclusions/exclusions that result in only a few or no trailers downloading.

If looking at the log doesn't help you, copy you log to pastebin.com and post the link here and I will take a look at it.