Red Band (restricted) trailers

Dec 30, 2011 at 3:00 AM

It seems red band trailers are not supported at the moment. I added support myself, though I'm not sure if this should be something that is configured in the settings file, considering the content. This is all that I added to "fetcher_HDTrailersNetRss2.cs" @ line 56.

else if (tempStringArray[i].Contains("restrictedTrailerName"))
                    {
                        string name = StringFunctions.subStrBetween(tempStringArray[i], "<span class=\"restrictedTrailerName\" itemprop=\"name\">", "</span>");
                        if (trailertype == name)
                        {
                            mi.name = mi.name.Substring(0, mi.name.IndexOf("("));
                            mi.name += " (" + name + ")";
                            string[] links = StringFunctions.splitBetween(tempStringArray[i], "<a", "</a>");
                            foreach (string link in links)
                            {
                                if (link.Contains("title"))
                                {
                                    string url = StringFunctions.subStrBetween(link, "href=\"", "\"");
                                    string quality = StringFunctions.subStrBetween(link, ">", "</a>");
                                    if (!url.Contains("how-to-download-hd-trailers-from-apple"))
                                        mi.nvc.Add(quality, url);
                                }
                            }
                            string poster = StringFunctions.subStrBetween(data, "<span class=\"topTableImage\">", "</span>");
                            poster = StringFunctions.subStrBetween(poster, "src=\"", "\"");
                            mi.nvc.Add("poster", poster);
                            break;
                        }
                    }

All I did was copy the original code, and changed "standardTrailerName" to "restrictedTrailerName" in lines 32 and 34. A lot of repeat code, though it is just a simple fix to get the red band trailers on my htpc.

Cheers.

Coordinator
Dec 30, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Great addition.  I need to upload a new version to handle anohter small bug I found (only affects people you are using the Home Cinema Experience script in XBMC).  I will try to integrate your mods into that version.  I will have to figure out how to set the MPAA rating in the trailers NFO file. Shouldn't be to difficuct.

Take Care

Coordinator
Jan 2, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Edited Jan 2, 2012 at 10:13 AM

What link are you using to access the red-band trailers? I tried

http://blog.hd-trailers.net/tag/red-band/

That doesn't seem to parse correctly.

EDIT

I see now. The Red-Band trailers are showing up in the regular HD-Trailer.Net feed. I should have this completed tomorrow.

Mar 27, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I would prefer to be able to block red band or mature trailers. I would hate for a mature trailer (such as the recent Piranha 3DD trailer with nudity) to come up before watching a movie with kids in the room. (I use a script to pick random trailers and it doesn't always get the mpaa ratings right). Can I block mature trailers altogether? 

Coordinator
Mar 28, 2012 at 6:07 PM

All red band trailers should be marked as Restricted so if you have configured the XBMC script correctly, they "should" not be used. Could you confirm the the MPPA Rating in the trailer NFO file is infact R. If it is, I will work with Giftie to find out why it isn't being respected in the HCE script.

That said, I think it is a reasonable request that all red band trailers to be skipped. Should have something for you shortly.

Coordinator
Mar 29, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Could you try version 2.04.  There is a new key

<!--skip Red Band Trailers -->

<add key="SkipRedBandTrailers" value = "false"

/>