Installed but didn't work

Coordinator
Feb 25, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Doug

II will be glad to help. The only item that would require editing in the HD-Trailer.Net Downloader config file is the location where to place the trailers. Actually in version 2.01, if there is no location specified, it will place the trailers and meta data in the My Documents Videos folder. You will probably want to move it from there but at least, HD-Trailer.net will have a valid download folder to start with.

Other than that, HD-Trailers.net downloader should work as expected. If it isn't working correctly, post a copy of the log file (same folder as the config file) to pastebin.com and copy the link here and I can review check out what is happening.

Feb 26, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Heres my log file

I appreciate any help

http://pastebin.com/6PsCesYz

Coordinator
Feb 27, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Doug

I just realized I am missing the feed address in the log file. COuld you upload a copy of your  config file to pastebin as well. After you have done that, Trying installing version 2.02. At this point, run it without editing the log file. It should download the trailers to the My Videos folder. If that works, then edit the config folder to point to where ever you want the trailers downloaded to.

My suspicion is that the config file has the wrong feed address.

If it doesn't work, could you post the log file to pastebin again.

Take Care

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:33 AM

here is my config file

http://pastebin.com/3LBbbhSj

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:44 AM

It works!

is there a way to determine what trailers to download? It seems it just downloads everything

Coordinator
Feb 27, 2012 at 2:51 PM

There are several switches in the config file to sepcify what trailers to download.  The first 2 keys below allow you to specify TrailersOnly (Trailers, Teaster Trailers, Trailer #1, etc) or StrictTrailersOnly (only trailers identified as (Trailers)). The next two allow you to include or exclude specific genres. For instance

<add key="ExcludeGenres" value="Documentaries" />

would exclude documentaries

<!--only interested in trailers, not in special features or inside looks-->
    <add key="TrailersOnly" value = "true"/>
    <!--only interested in trailers, strictly "Trailers not Teasers"-->
    <add key="StrictTrailersOnly" value = "true"/>
    <!--only download trailers for specific movie Genres (all, drama, comedy, action, etc) use all for all Genres-->
    <add key="IncludedGenres" value="all" />
    <!--exclude trailers for specific movie Genres (all, drama, comedy, action, etc) use none to not exclude anything-->
    <add key="ExcludeGenres" value="None" />