Modify file naming options

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Greetings,

I'm using this with Plex and have a dedicated section for the coming attractions. If the file naming can be modified similar to their naming convention for movies, the scanner would pull in the metadata and thumbnail for the trailer. Is it possible to change or add additional options to the naming convention?

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2013 at 12:08 PM
If you can get me the info on the Plex naming convention, I will look at what is needed to make that happen.
Feb 1, 2013 at 4:46 PM
As requested Plex Link
If it follows the naming convention, Plex will pull in the metadata and a poster for the movie.
Coordinator
Feb 2, 2013 at 5:57 PM
correct me if I am wrong.
The folder should be moviename (date). The movie filename should be moviename (date).ext and the poster.jpg file should be moviename (date).jpg
Feb 3, 2013 at 5:56 AM
poster.jpg would remain as poster.jpg
same thing for a folder.jpg; it would remain as folder.jpg

The folder and movie name would be as you specified. And to be clear, it would be just the year in parentheses.
If an NFO file is created, it would also follow the 'moviename (year).nfo' naming convention.
Coordinator
Feb 3, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Let me see what I can do.
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Finally getting back to this. Hopefully I will have something in the next week or so.
Feb 24, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Awesome!
I see you don't have any place for donations. If you accept donations, please let me know how I can contribute.
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2013 at 2:28 AM
I am in the process of adding the donate button (actually trying to figure out how to paste it over from PayPal).

Anyway, I think I have something that works. Need to run a few more tests.

Basically the folder structure and file names are as we discussed.

folder is moviename (2013)

in the folder, are

moviename (2013).mov or moviename (2013) - trailer.mov
moviename (2013).mov or moviename (2013) - trailer.nfo
folder.jpg
poster.jpg

How does Plex know that the videos are trailers?

Take Care
Ian
Feb 27, 2013 at 6:01 AM
I'll have to double check and see if Plex will still scrape if '- trailer' is added to the filename. It might go off just the folder name structure but let me verify.
And Plex won't know it's a trailer. I have a section dedicated to 'coming attractions.' It's not tied into my movie library in any way. But, Plex will think it's a movie and that's how it'll scrape for the pics and nfo
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2013 at 9:29 PM
If it works as I expect, then adding -trailer will be determined from options in the ini file.
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2013 at 3:40 AM
I believe version 2.0.14 will accomplish what you are looking for. Let me know.
Apr 2, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Sorry but I haven't been able to thoroughly test this update. I did however, want to send you a donation but it didn't work. Paypal didn't like the email address for your account.
I'll see if I can test the update this coming weekend.
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM
It worked for a couple of previous donations. Give it another try. Let me know if this suits your needs. I don't have a plex server so can't really evaluate. What is there now is based on my interpretation of what is needed so I may have missed something.

On the plus side, digging back into the code allowed me to swat a few bugs that have been hanging around for a whiel.
Coordinator
Apr 21, 2013 at 5:54 PM
I figured out what the problem was with the donations button. More to the point, did the file renaming I implemented for Plex work for you?
Apr 26, 2013 at 4:22 PM
I just made a donation. It's not much but I at least wanted to show some gratitude for tweaking your program. My internet is horrible for streaming so this program works great for me.
Back to subject...
The folder naming structure is:
2013-04-08 Paradise Love (Trailer No 1)
The file naming structure is:
Paradise Love (Trailer No 1)-trailer
Plex doesn't see the trailers if they are named with the -trailer at the end. Once I removed the -trailer from the filename, Plex detected it. I've since removed that feature from the config file.
Thanks again for taking the time to tweak your program
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2013 at 1:35 AM
No problem. I let me know if there is anything else that would help you run better in a plex configuration