No config file

Mar 14, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Hi everyone

the set up instructions say that you need to edit the config file. and the download contains 3 files in a rar file, but it's just a single download and I can't find a config file.

what am i doing wrong?

thanks
Coordinator
Mar 15, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Click on the Downloads tab at the top of the page and select the HD-Trailers.Net Downloader 2.0.15 download (Setup.exe). When you run setup.exe, it will install the profile and the shortcut to the config file that you will need to edit for your use.
Mar 17, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Really sorry but where is the shortcut I can't see it.
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2013 at 1:22 PM
No Problem. If you are running win8, right-click anywhere on the Metro Start page and then click on All Apps (bottom right). HD-Trailers.Net Downloader Config will be listed there.

If you are running WIn7, the shortcut to the config file will be in the Programs menu (Start | Programs | HD-Trailers.Net Downloader)
Mar 18, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Thanks got it going!!

Sent from my iPhone

On 18 Mar 2013, at 12:22, ijourneaux <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

No Problem. If you are running win8, right-click anywhere on the Metro Start page and then click on All Apps (bottom right). HD-Trailers.Net Downloader Config will be listed there.

If you are running WIn7, the shortcut to the config file will be in the Programs menu (Start | Programs | HD-Trailers.Net Downloader)
Apr 13, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Edited Apr 13, 2013 at 5:46 PM
I just "refreshed" my PC in windows 8 not realizing would wipe out most of my programs! I reinstalled hd-trailers.net and there is no config file...I went to appdata local and its not there...went to all programs in metro and isnt there either...any ideas? also it just opens and closes real quick. I dont see where i can upload a log file here?

*looks like i found a backup XML config file...can i just move that to appdata/local/hd folder??
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2013 at 4:50 PM
If you right click on the windows 8 Metro desktop, you will see an all apps button show up in the bottom right. If you click there, you will see the HD-Trailers Shortcuts.
Apr 14, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Thanks for reply but ive done that. all that shows is the hd-trailer.exe nothing else with it. even a search on metro screen doesnt pull up any thing else other than the program..even uninstalled and reinstalled 2.0.15
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Hmmm.

There should be a shortcut to the HD-Trailers.net config file. Regardless, you can get there by going to

C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\HD-Trailers.Net Downloader
Apr 16, 2013 at 6:13 AM
The file was not there for some reason. I had a copy of my config file saved from a previous install so i added it to the folder and it appears to be working fine now...weird? thanks