Program started but show 0 feed

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Dear Developer

I have installed the program on the 30 september and have been trying here and there and still doesn't make the program to download any trailer.
I tried run as adminsitrator also and it still show 0 feeds. After a few tries, i gave up.

After an hour later, I tried again, it download the feed for 30 of september. then the next day, 1 oct second run.

And today on 4 Oct. I try to run it again, it again show 0 feed, Tried every thing, still the same. So i download the latest version and run again, it still show 0 feed.

All I did after install is to set the config to download to E:\Trailers and i already make sure the folder is there. and I set create folder to false. other than that, I didn;t change other thing.

Please help. I really like the idea of auto download trailer : )

Thank you
Coordinator
Oct 4, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Thanks for taking the time to ask a question.

It appears that the problem is related to the RSS feed that HD-Trailers.Net is using. If you enter the feed address in the browser address bar, if the feed is valid, you will see the RSS feed and all of the movie entries. If the feed is corrupt, you will get a page of gibberish. THis problem has been getting worse over the past couple of months. and I have informed HD-Trailers.Net of the issue.

Since the problem is not with Hd-Trailers.Net Downloader, I have been working with HD-Trailers.Net to determine how they can produce a more reliable RSS feed. THey are considering replacing FeedBurner, that they are currently using to a different service.

One option you could consider, is switching the feed to TrailerFreaks. This is one of the options listed in the config file. Just disable HD-Trailers.Net and Enable TrailerFreaks. Another option would be to use one of the HD-Trailers.Net web page feeds. These do not have the same problem observed with the RSS feed.
Oct 5, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Dear ijourneaux

Thank you for your prompt reply.
I set the windows schedular to run it every day at 12am midnight. This morning when i come back to office. I saw the log and it still show 0 feeds and the program pause (because i set to) Now at 3.14pm. I tried again and it show there is 30 file to download . Currently still running. (the feed is actually not corrupted. just don't know why it doesn't show new trailer)

Thanks for the detail explanation on what happen to the hd-trailer,net
I will give trailerfreaks a try if it doesn't get feed again.

One question I would like to know, instead of scanning though the source code. I am a casual python script writer. Getting the content from feed is easy. I just wondering when it redirect to youtube and yahoo. How do you get the real link for video?
I scan through the yahoo movie link. I don't see any video link : (

If possible, I might want to write a simple python trailer grabber too haha

Thanks for answering

Cheers,
Patrick
Coordinator
Oct 5, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Patrick if you browse through the code, there are modules for each of the different feeds that parse out the download links. The only link I don't handle right now is youtube. I can get the link but the way the code is written, I need to be able to retrieve the size of the download before I start the download. Youtube doesn't seem to do that. It isn't insurmoutable but yhe youtube trailers aren't usually as good so I haven't spent the effort to make it work.

When HD-Trailers.Net comes back with 0 trailers, if you quickly go to the RSS feed, you will see that it is corrupted. The problem only lasts a few minutes before it is good again. I am actually trying a new RSS feed that HD-Trailers.net is evaluating to see if it is more reliable.

Ian
Oct 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Dear Ian,

Thanks for the info. I will check through your source code and try to understand how each server is pharse for the link. So far, your program works great, there is not much program nowadays

Thank you for your hard work.
Coordinator
Oct 8, 2013 at 7:00 PM
I am not an expert with the parsing out of the links. I have learned much from examples and I still don't understand regex well enough to make optimal use of it.