How do you use seperate config files

Aug 11, 2014 at 3:28 AM
I've been trying to figure out how to use different config files using task scheduler. A previous version update said the the config file to be used could be specified with -I=filename through command line. I am not really clear on how to do this.

I've tried entering -I=NewConfig.config (I created this file in the same directory as the default)in the task scheduler argument field but it still uses the default config file.

Any tips or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Great script it was exactly what I was looking for to help with my home theatre setup
Coordinator
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:01 PM
All of the config files need to be the the HD-Trailers.Net Downloader folder. You can set the config file with the commandline option

-i=test.config

or

-ini=test.config
Aug 12, 2014 at 12:45 AM
I still can't get it to work and think I must be missing something pretty basic so I will list what I have done and hopefully someone can point out where I have gone wrong
First I am running the latest version of the script.
I created a second config file named test.conifg and changed the feed that it uses and nothing else from the config that is currenly working

Second
I have created a scheduled task in windows task scheduler . In the actions tab I created an an action to "start a program" and selected "C:\Program Files\HD-Trailers.NET Downloader\HD-Trailers.Net Downloader.exe". In the following line; Add Arguments (optional): I entered -ini=NewConfig.config.
When I run the task it still opens the original file

I have tried the arugment using -i=test.config "-i=test.config" and also tried deleting the original file; which when I do that, an unhandled exception flashes and the program closes.

Am I missing how to setup the scheduled task? Or is it how I enter the argument.

Again thanks for the help and I appreciate the program
Coordinator
Aug 13, 2014 at 2:26 AM
In the add arguments box in the task scheduler (atleast Win7) you need to put in -ini="config file name.config" The " should only be needed if the filename has spaces in it.
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2014 at 2:21 PM
Did you ever get this to work they way you wanted it to?