Integration with MediaBrowser

Sep 3, 2009 at 4:14 PM

I'm loving this app and I read with interest that you're a MB user and I think this project would be perfect for integration with MB as a plugin. Have you considered collaborating?

Their trailer streaming is flakey at best and I think something that would go out at a specified interval and download the latest trailers for offline viewing would be a great addition.

In my eyes, nothing fancy required, just a setting for retention and frequency of checks. No need for trailers of existing movies, just the latest as per the HD=Trailers feed. This is exactly what you've got so I think it would tie in well.

Regardless of that, thanks for a tool that fits my needs!

Joe.

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Hey Joe -

Thanks for the feedback! I do use MB to view my trailers. I had inquired a long time ago about MB integration but they went the streaming route and I honestly don't think I would have the time to revise the code anyway. I have scheduled the trailer downloader to d/l once a night which seems to have been working pretty well. Thx again for reaching out.

Sep 10, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Yeah, unfortunatley for the streaming to work, you need to have a spot on fast connection so it can be hit or miss in MB, more miss for me, I haven't had one trailer play all the way through without buffering!

I appreciate you're not revising the code but I've got a question if you've got a minute....?

Ideally, I'd like to exclude everything and only include "Trailer" but that would probably involve a bit of work. There seems to be a lot of clips making there way into the feed and I only really want the trailers. I can do a script to tidy once they arrive but a waste of everybody's bandwidth to pull them down first.

Is there any format of wildcard exclusion that would work? I tried a basic *Clip* but that didn't go well!

Developer
Apr 10, 2010 at 3:42 PM

check version 0.9 of the tool, it adds a 'trailersonly' configuration option

Apr 10, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Hey wolfma, good addition to the config, have you taken over this?

If the project is alive again, I got a couple of suggestions ...

Coordinator
Apr 11, 2010 at 2:42 AM
joeyjoejo wrote:

Hey wolfma, good addition to the config, have you taken over this?

If the project is alive again, I got a couple of suggestions ...

Wolfma contacted me with some improvements (thanks!!) so I added him to the project and his enhancements are ver .90 BETA. I have a few other ideas myself that I want to include in Ver. 1.0. Feel free to toss out suggestions and we'll consider them as time allows.

Developer
Apr 11, 2010 at 6:42 AM

I haven't taken over. This is Brian's child!

HDTrailer is exactly doing what I need. Due to my slow internet connection the available streaming solutions are not working for me. I have no intention waiting 15 minutes before the trailer is buffered and I can start watching, or have the trailer stop 5 times for rebuffering.

Last week  I had the time to make some changes I wanted. Next week, work is back in full swing ....

Wolfgang

Apr 11, 2010 at 9:40 AM

Thanks for keeping it alive guys, this is a great example of something doing exactly what it needs to do without any fuss and I use it daily.

(And promote it wherever I can!)